You’re Never The Same You!
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” —Albert Einstein
In the second edition of my book on Cosmic Consciousness, I discussed in some detail that your physical body undergoes rapid and extensive physical change. The April issue of Scientific American puts some additional quantification on this point.
- 25 percent of your body is fluid outside of your cells, e.g., plasma.
- 7 percent is solids like minerals.
- 68 percent is made up of human cells.
Number of Cells
- A 70-kilogram person has about 30 trillion cells.
- Fat and muscle cells are large—72 percent of your cellular weight—but only 0.1 percent of the 30 trillion cells.
- 87 percent of your 30 trillion cells are red blood cells, which are quite small.
- By number—You lose and regenerate 330 billion cells every day.
- 86 percent are blood cells.
- 12 percent are gut cells.
- By weight—You lose and then regenerate about 80 grams each day.
- 49 percent are blood cells.
- 41 percent are gut cells.
- 4 percent are skin cells.
- 4 percent are fat cells.
- 1 percent are muscle cells.
In about 80 days, 30 trillion of your cells are replenished and create a new you!
So, if you don’t like what you see in the mirror today, wait a few months—you’ll be a different you!
Enjoy your journey! Make a difference!
Chairman & Owner, Chateau Mcely
¹ James A. Cusumano, Cosmic Consciousness: A Journey to Well-being, Happiness, and Success—Second Edition, Waterside Productions, 2019.